Wednesday, February 27, 2008

William F Buckley, RIP

Pretty much acknowledged as the founder of the modern Conservative movement, Bill Buckley died today in his study. Below is a short editorial from National Review editors.

The Editors on William F. Buckley Jr. on National Review Online

One of the funniest anecdotes noted today on the web has to be this one:

"Mr. Buckley," one non-fan wrote in 1967, "you are the mouthpiece of that evil rabble that depends on fraud, perjury, dirty tricks, anything at all that suits their purposes. I would trust a snake before I would trust you or anybody you support."
Responded Buckley: "What would you do if I supported the snake?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very funny quote. I will miss Buckley

Anonymous said...

The man was one of my heroes. There will never be another like him.

Anonymous said...

Bill was the man most responsible for me becoming the conservative I am today. Anyone who hasn't read National Review is missing out.