Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Few Critiques of Obama Speech

Paul Mirengoff at Powerline sums up his views of the speech:

Although Obama's speech is not without its evasions, I consider it a courageous one by usual political standards. He has refused to walk away from Wright's black liberation theology when it might well have been expedient to do so. The rest of us now should have the courage to take Obama at his word and decide whether it is acceptable to elect as president of the United States someone who carries Rev. Wright around as part of him, and who takes his ranting seriously.

Kathryn Lopez at NRO sums it up in much the same way:

Damn straight, Rev. Wright is angry. That's how I wound up at his church. That's why I stay there. I'm mad too, I just control it better. Now let's get [on with] electing me president so we can all feel good.

No comments: